Women in Engineering
The IEEE Student Branch of Bharati Vidyapeeth’s College of Engineering got the approval for starting the women in engineering student branch affinity group on 21st June 2007.
BVPIEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) is a professional organization dedicated to promoting women engineers and scientists, and inspiring girls around the world to follow their academic interests in a career in engineering.
The goal is to facilitate the recruitment and retention of women in technical disciplines globally. We envision a vibrant community of IEEE women and men collectively using their diverse talents to innovate for the benefit of humanity.
It’s aim is to mentor young women in junior and high schools and make them interested in the fields of science and technology and to increase networking among young women who are studying engineering. Also, to establish contacts with prominent women in academia and industry who are interested in guiding girls in engineering. It also organizes field trips and industrial visits.
BVPIEEE strives to:
- Recognize the outstanding achievements of women in electrical and electronics engineering through IEEE Awards nominations
- Provide assistance with the formation of new WIE Affinity Groups, and support ongoing activities
- Promote IEEE member grade advancement for women to the membership grades of Senior member and Fellow
- Facilitate the development of programs and activities that promote the entry into, and retention of, women in engineering programs
- Administer the IEEE Student-Teacher and Research Engineer/Scientist (STAR) Program to mentor young women in junior and high schools